Monday, February 21, 2005

Holiday? WHAT Holiday?

So . . . how many of you non-government employees are off work today?

Hey, I admire and honor our American presidents at least as much as the next American citizen. But really -- what’s this for? Are government holidays scripted for the benefit of the American populace, or for folks with political agendas and for government employees who relish extra down time?

Are you getting your down time today? I’m not. Please forgive my rankled attitude, but I assert such holidays as this one simply don't benefit the average American. I, for one, have to work today . . . but I can’t receive a paycheck in the mail today for the work I’ve done, because the mail isn’t moving. If I need to talk to someone in our government on this particular MONDAY about the way our government is affecting my life on this particular MONDAY, I’m going to find it difficult to reach that special individual.

I suppose I should just shut up. If I were a government employee having to deal with people like myself on a daily basis, I, too, probably would eagerly claim “PRESIDENTS DAY!!” as a momentary excuse from real life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home